Skip to main content

Majayjay, Laguna: Don't Go Chasing Taytay Falls! (My First Waterfall Experience And The Happy Side Trip To Liliw)




Hey, what's up Super Folks! How are you doing today? Did you get a good sleep last night? Me? Praise God, I had a good sleep because it was my rest day. This morning, I'm just watching random YouTube videos, like the vlogs of Bretman Rock, Alex Gonzaga, Lost LeBlanc and my new fave is the channel of Heart Evangelista. Have you seen her video with Sen. Chiz Escudero about adulting? Oh my, you should watch it. They were sensible and articulate. Generally, this is what I do on my free time. I feel like, as we grow older, we really need to watch hilarious and self-help videos because they give good vibes. I'll tell you, it's very important nowadays.



Yeah, we don't wanna hear fake news and politics. We wanna grow old gracefully. In addition, I often watch Jollibee Mukbang videos, oh my I love chickenjoy and 90's Music videos. I don't know but honestly, I'm starting to admire the songs of Backstreet Boys, Westlife, A1 and Hanson again. Furthermore, the Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney, All You Wanted by Michelle Branch, Don't Say You Love Me by M2M and Too Little, Too Late by JoJo. LOL! I keep hitting the replay button on those songs. It's unstoppable happiness! In my defense, you most likely do it too, especially if you're a 90's baby. Right? As they say, it's like taking a walk down memory lane or a wistful feeling. Thank you music, I'm really enjoying it.



Speaking of, let me start this new blog post with great 90's R&B song. Listen to this!

"Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to. I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all. But I think you're moving too fast."



Do you remember it? For sure you do know it, Super Folks. It's a very cool 90's song. That's a chorus of Waterfalls by TLC. Yes! This is our topic for today. Have you ever seen a stunning waterfall? Like the Yosemite Falls and Angel Falls.



How about a cute one? Like the picture above. Nah, not my friend, I mean the waterfall. Please say hello to Taytay Falls, a popular tourist spot of Majayjay, Laguna.



My story goes like this. I never thought I would end up swimming in the very cold natural pool right underneath the Taytay Falls last wet season. It's my first waterfall experience. Thanks to my kind friends who invited me to join their team building. Honestly, I was uncertain at first to join even if it's okay because I had this assumption that their other teammates would not welcome me but good thing I didn't feel it. Well, perhaps it's because I was also nice and friendly to them. Hello newfound friends! If you're reading this now, I miss you all!



That team building was a sign! It came as no surprise but I was very happy when I got transferred to my friends' team after our shift bidding in the office(almost one month after the team building). Yes, I had to bid because of them and somehow that team building helped me know my new teammates more. They were the best and I felt like family. I thought it was the right decision. I thought it was fate. 



TEAM BUILDING 101. Moving forward, organizing a fun and effective team building is not an easy task, but it's well worth it. Just make sure it's a team effort. Although I was an outsider, I didn't excuse myself from helping them. I'm proud to say that there were times when I washed the dishes and helped my friends with cooking. My pleasure!



2 Days & 1 Night in Majayjay. Like the usual team building, they had to rent a huge van and find an affordable house. It takes approximately 3 hours to drive from Manila to Majayjay, but sadly it took us more than 4 hours because we had stopovers in Liliw and a local market where we bought fresh produce. We stayed at Marbhel-Room For Rent and paid only 100 Pesos each per night(roughly $1.85). I can say, it's well-priced and good quality accommodation. Cooking your own meals and renting a Karaoke are allowed. For inquiries and reservations, please call or text 09192302303(Smart) and 09956646360(Globe).



About Majayjay & Taytay Falls. What a cool rhyme! Circa 2016, I remember my travel blogger friend told me to blog Taytay Falls because it's a budget destination and could increase traffic but my bad, I didn't take it seriously. Good thing, team building was the second chance. Legends say that it was the difficult journey to Majayjay which gave the town its name. Tired travelers sighed, "Hay!" after scaling a cliff, "Hay!" after ascending a hill, and "Hay!" after crossing a raging river. Thus, guests referred to the place "Mahayhay", meaning, many sighs. Spaniards spelled it "Majayjay". In addition, Taytay Falls is also called Majayjay Falls or Imelda Falls because ex-First Lady Imelda Marcos financed the promotion of tourism in this place. Great info! Thanks Wikipedia, next?


St. John the Baptist Parish Church, aka Liliw Church

These 10-15 meters high waterfalls is located along the Dalitiwan River in Brgy. Taytay, Majayjay, Laguna. It has clear and cool water that falls in 1,000 sq m river channel area. Its surrounding is vegetated with various wild plants and trees. A natural falls with irrigation on its 2 km pathway and cliff on the right portion. Cold spring water flows freely from Mt. Banahaw. The site, which is about 8 km away from the Majayjay town proper, could be reached via motor vehicles and through hiking about a few hundred meters by way of a nature trail. -www.laguna.gov.ph



Taytay Falls is quite far from where we stayed, we had to walk roughly 10 minutes. It's pleasant though, we even went back the next morning because of its very cool and natural stress reducer water. Thought it was good for our body, we enjoyed it so much. Frankly, not all of us can appreciate the very cold water of this falls, especially if you're afraid of hypothermia(the condition of having an abnormally low body temperature) or you're not used to it. Just a friendly reminder, no matter what, have fun and appreciate the place. After team building, we went back to Liliw and stayed for almost 2 hours. We strolled through a few souvenir shops, had our lunch, visited the Insta-worthy Liliw Church and bought quality slipper, which the municipality is famous for. It's world-class and affordable. End of story.
That's a wrap! Thank you so much again for reading my blog. Well, it's not the best but I hope you learned something new today. Before you leave, please like, follow and subscribe on my.
Facebook page: Supermarkymacky etc.
Facebook group: SuperMarkyMacky & Folks
Instagram: supermarkymacky
YouTube channel: SuperMarkyMacky MOR




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...