Skip to main content

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine





Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood.
Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding. 
We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to eat in an Indian restaurant. Merely because they love spicy food and even though I have low tolerance to it, I've dealt with it. Okay, no choice. Let's go! 



Like many cities in the world, cities in Metro Manila such as Makati, Quezon and Taguig are also melting pot and it's very normal to see different restaurants that cook International cuisines like Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and Indian. The great thing about it, most of the dishes are affordable and restos are accessible. It was last Monday morning after our shift, from our office in Taguig we drove to Makati to have our brunch in New Bombay(Tower I, Ayala The Column branch). Although it was a normal Manic Monday and traffic was really heavy, we were still able to go there in time. In fact, we were the one who opened the door. Not a joke, we even waited for roughly 30 minutes outside the resto for them to prepare. No pressure and hassle since it was already our rest day.



What's inside?



The ultimate fans of Indian cuisine.



Oh! This guy beside me too.


 

It was my first time to enter and eat in an Indian restaurant, my mind really went blank and I didn't know what to order. Hence, I asked the staff to choose for me. He said one of their best sellers is the Chicken Tikka Masala. The perfect thing about New Bombay is their dishes have level of spiciness from mild, medium to hot. Everyone has a choice. As a newbie, I chose mild. On the other hand, my colleagues were tough guys and chose medium. Yeah, their taste buds are stronger than mine. They ordered Mutton Masala, Mutton Biryani, Mutton Rogan Josh, Mutton Desi Curry. Definitely it will not be completed without Naan Bread and sweet Gulab Jamun.



What's unique about eating in an Indian restaurant is the strong aroma of the dishes. Their smell really went out from the kitchen to our table when they cooked it. Honestly, it helped me to appreciate more the indian food, it's very distinctive. Salute to the cooks of New Bombay because the Indian dishes we ate were indeed great. Somewhat incomparable to Filipino cuisine but for sure Filipinos will love it. My ideas about Indian food changed like a 360-degree turn because before I thought this cuisine is only about curry, chili pepper and cumin. Totally no, there's a lot more. Plus, I've found a new favorite dessert, Gulab Jamun is heaven! 



Gorgeous!



New Bombay is a very beautiful restaurant. Although it's not so big, it's inviting. You'll feel like a royalty.



Two thumbs up for New Bombay! They say that first impression is the last impression. Well, somewhat agreeable because if I didn't try to eat Indian food I wouldn't have amazing last impression of it. Thus, don't close your mind and deal with it. It's fine to try. The great news is you can have it delivered to your house by using the foodpanda app. Available on android and ios. I just discovered it when we ate there, for sure organizing an Indian food party at your house is now easy peasy because of it. I only spent 500 pesos(roughly 10 US Dollars) and it's worth it. We're done for now readers and I will make sure to create another article for you. Just comment what topic you want. Thanks and see you! 
Before you leave please make sure to like my 
FB Group: SuperMarkyMacky & Folks
YouTube Channel: SuperMarkyMacky MOR





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...