Skip to main content

Boracay: My Picture Perfect Getaway!







A rainbow after that rain. It was 2013 when I had a chance to go to Boracay for a vacation, I'd say it was really a great escape from your work, it was a breaker from your normal daily routine, it was a total relief from your stresses in life, it was like, after going here, your soul has been cleansed. Indeed, memorable. I may not have found the pot of gold at the end of this ROYGBIV but being able to see the paradise was truly enough for me. (I just started blogging and this will be my first post, I am happy to share my story with you guys when I went to this island with my friends, you might wanna scroll down enjoy reading, thanks).


WELCOME! Made from sand. I have never touched a sand so fine as talc. I thought that the island was just a factory of baby powder.


Indeed! It is literally white beach. Before we go further, let me just give you some FYI about Boracay. It is one of the islands at the Visayas region, the Philippines. Back in college, I have learned in our domestic tourism that the name “Boracay” came from this indigenous people derived from their local word “borac” which means cotton like the island’s white sand beach itself.


It’s not a plane, it’s not a bird, it’s supermarkymacky! If I could only fly that time to see the whole view of the island and go straight ahead to the place where I want to go.


View of the beach front. Looking at this pic made me realize how lucky I am living in this country. AWESOME!!!


I've got that power! I was amazed with this artwork when we passed by along Station 1,Boracay, I thought by just seating in the middle of these circles would help me levitate, I should have said a mantra.


It was not really love in the air. Another artwork that caught my attention.


It's always Friday here! The very popular Fridays,we just couldn't resist and really took a picture of it with me.


Willy's Rock, Station 1, Boracay. Another very famous in the island.


Let me be the center of attraction. Another pic near Willy's Rock.


Jonahs Milkshake. Oh My! The avocado milkshake was so smooth as if you were just drinking cold water, the ice was so well blended. This is really a must try, so If you have plans to go in Boracay, you might wanna go here.


Mt. Luho, the highest peak of Boracay. This is the perfect spot where you can see the perfect view of the whole island.


View on top. You can really see the sexy curve of Boracay.


Picturesque Puka Beach. If you are a type of tourist, who would prefer less crowded beach, someone who wants to find peace, I guess, It's like your on soul searching mode, this is the place to go.


Sweet embrace to the nature. I was really wowed by the beauty of Puka Beach, it was speechless, we stayed there for like 5 hours since we need to go back to the beach front. So we had no choice, we swam like there's no tomorrow.


I heart Boracay. Before we leave, we went inside D'Mall, D'place where to eat your favorite sea foods, D'place where to buy souvenirs, as we walk towards it, we stopped and took a pose outside this store Islands Souvenirs, where you can buy very unique tee-shirts, so you can request to put either Marky heart Boracay or Boracay heart Marky on your personalized shirt.


 Till we meet again! I'd say my vacation in Boracay was a perfect getaway. After this, I just made this realization, that my friends were really right, that no matter how busy you are, you should always give yourself a break. Our body and our mind, it's like a computer, it needs to be shut down and let it rest for a while, so that whenever you want to open it again, it would function well. This experience really helped me perceive life in different way. Sometimes, it's worth it to take risk and get out of your comfort zone. (I just want to thank my friend Chel Virtuoso since most of the pics taken came from her).





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...