Skip to main content

Quezon City: Casa Espanol Garden Wedding





We still have like two more weeks for another month, the sixth and last month of the first half of the year, oh wait! Also the last month of the second quarter of the year, that is June. So what are we expecting for this coming month? First, goodbye dry season and hello wet season again in my country, the Philippines while in the United States, summer starts to sizzle(time to show off our hot bods). Second, on June 12 it's the celebration of the Philippine Independence(#HolidayDoublePay) also it's my sister's birthday. Third, opening of new school year. I'm sure there are a lot more, let us not forget this is also the season of "wedding here, wedding there". Have you heard the term "June Bride" before? Well, very understandable if you are single like me and will not get married soon(my special someone is still finding me?) if we don't have idea. The hell we care, right? Hahah, ok not to be so jaded because I am truly happy where I am now I still made a little research about this tradition. 

They say it started during the Roman times, when they celebrated the annual bath, people only had one chance to literally wash away their dirt yearly. Can you imagine that? It fell on the first day of June, during the festival of their God Juno and wife Jupiter, who was the goddess of marriage and childbirth. They believed that when you get married on this month, it would be a lifetime. And that's how "June Bride" was made. But now, many practically preferred May because of the weather and December because people have a lot of money due to 13th month pay I guess. Godfathers and Godmothers can give more cash to the groom and bride? Right? We like that.

Like they say, time flies so fast, like a G6 aircraft or runs like a high speed train Shinkansen. I remember we started as blockmates in college, we were classmates from 1st year until we graduated. It was four straight years, we thought at first that we would be like jailed in hell. But I guess this is one of the good things in a block section. You can build a worthy friendship. It was not a revolving doors. It was not like "bye friend, hello new friend, then bye new friend". It was a continuous process. As year went by, we discovered personality of each of us. The bad sides and the good sides. We questioned at first but latterly accepted it. We had misunderstandings during group projects, reviewed our notes together before the exam. We went inside the class together and waited outside our classroom, everyone in the group should be there because we would watch movie. Oh my, it's nice to reminisce that college life we had. It's already five years from the day we graduated in college. Everyone is now happy and proud being a working girls and guys. Unfortunately because of this we rarely meet outside to eat or watch movie. We are still friends on facebook but still we don't often chat due to busy schedules. Everyone is aware that all of us changed, physically, spiritually and financially. Like the song, "that's what friends are for" we were able to manage those changes.

Only last week that we had a chance to be together again because one of our friends got married. It was a short notice when my friend polie chatted me about this. I was not sure at first because that was my first time to attend a wedding of a friend. I didn't know what to do.But I said, she's my friend I had to go to her special day. Everything went smooth as silk after. Fast-forward, it was an inspirational wedding. From church we drove using the van rented by the bride and groom. It was a long journey to Casa Espanol. I don't usually go to quezon city, so I was not familiar with the place. 

The place is really quiet, it is located at the very inside of GreenPark Village(Quezon City)

It was very refreshing to see this kind of venue in a wedding when we entered. It was classic and very romantic garden wedding reception. Nowadays, you seldom see this especially if you are living in Manila where wedding receptions are being held mostly in a hotel. Trees and plants were abundant somehow it gave me a much nicer sensation than what I felt when we were outside. Wearing long sleeves was a bit of a challenge in the middle of hot and humid weather. I made sure to bring little towel and a spare short sleeves polo. 

           A flowery and customized entryway.
  A relaxing ambience of the wedding reception.
Customized table. There are two different flags? Yes! We said the story of the couple is like a real koreanovela/filipino telenovela. I learned during the reception that they met in dubai when my friend polie was searching for korean foods online. It all started on instagram then they are now married. They were couple for more than a year, their relationship became deeper when they traveled different countries in Asia, from Dubai, Korea, Thailand, Macau to the Philippines. I remember the song "love moves in mysterious ways" nowadays you can never tell when, where or how will you meet your special someone. Like what I said before, you can try to find or just wait. You don't know which one would work but when you feel he/she is the right one, surely you will say first "this is it!" So be prepared, you're maybe next?

My college closest friends. Sadly, we were not complete but we remained supportive to our friend polie on her new journey. Its nice to see that we were together again. Sometimes or most of the time your friends become your family. Let's treasure the moment.

Stolen shot of my friend polie and her husband now pilwon.
Sun had set almost when I took this beautiful shot. Good thing, weather really cooperated that time.

My hungry tummy faded, foods were top-notch. It's a spanish cuisine, I liked the cordon bleu and pasta carbonara but what I enjoyed the most was the fondue de chocolate. How many times did I go back to eat? 4 times I guess and 7 times on the dessert.

During the wedding games, I am not sure with the term or whatchama call it? When the groom threw the garter toward the guys, last man standed was another marky, boyfie of my another friend kimi, rhyming? Who happened to be the last woman standed on the "Grab My Banana" game. Ending, another couple won the two games(because we gave way). So this was the result. Unforgettable KISS. Looking forward for new wedding? Eeee, I'm blushing.

Okay, I knew here that I was a bit drunk, I stopped for a while so this was the effect. Going forward, it was a great experience for me to be part of my friend polie and her husband pilwon's very special day. With this occasion, we were able to meet again. There were two special happenings made possible. It became our get together, we've been friends for almost 9 years. And the union of two different souls, destined to be one officially at the very charming Casa Espanol. You're maybe planning now on your wedding, this maybe a help. Congrats and Goodluck on your new journey!

Comments

  1. Wow! What a beautiful venue NYC! A garden venue has always been my favorite and I wish to get married in a place just like this. It looks like a fairy land! The decoration, the lights, garden everything looks dreamy! Congratulations to the stunning couple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...