Skip to main content

Short Restaurant Review: Conti's Bakery & Cafe (Robinsons Place Manila)





"So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your jobs a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year but...

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)"

Sounds familiar? Perfect! You got it! This is actually part of F.R.I.E.N.D.S theme song "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts. On the other hand, indeed, there are still a lot of millennials who won't get what I'm talking about. Right, Super Folks? And that's totally fine. If you're a 90s baby, let me guess, you're a fan? How about this, do you have friends? Because if you have, for sure you will love this iconic American sitcom television series. Good thing, despite of its final episode having first aired on NBC more than 15 years ago, it's still watchable on streaming service Netflix.



Definitely, let me not forget to greet them, happy 25th anniversary F.R.I.E.N.D.S! Especially my man crush Joey Tribbiani. In real life, he is Matt LeBlanc, an American actor and comedian. Another question, how important are friends to you? For me, aside from God and parents, they are unquestionably important. Whether it's small or big circle, we need to share love and appreciate them because they are already part of our lives. They give colors to our stories and we learn from their advices.


BARBEQUED SPARE RIBS- PHP 285 (roughly 5.61 USD)
(Tender and juicy slab of marinated pork spare ribs coated in sweet barbeque sauce, pan grilled to perfection. Served with atchara and choice of java rice, garlic rice or steamed rice.)
*Description is based on the menu book.

That's why I always make a point to see them at least once or twice a year, bond with them again. Talk about our lives and anything under the sun. Moving forward, if you're looking for a place where you can celebrate Friendship Day, please try Conti's Bakery & Café at Robinsons Place Manila. Indeed, you and your friends will not only enjoy chit-chat and laughter but also the food.


AMERICAN GRILLED RIBS- PHP 395 (roughly 7.78 USD)
(Smoke-flavored spare ribs, served with buttered vegetables and choice of garlic rice or steamed rice.)
*Description is based on the menu book.

I can say that they are already a household name in the local food industry. I mean, in Metro Manila, when you ask someone about Conti's, the first thing that comes to mind would be Mango Bravo cake or bakeshop.


GRILLED PORKCHOPS- PHP 395 (roughly 7.78 USD)
(Two pieces herb-coated porkchop grilled to a gourmet's delight with caramelized apple siding. Served with garlic rice.)
*Description is based on the menu book.

But, you know what? It is also a restaurant. It was more than a year ago when me and my closest friends decided to have lunch date there. We really enjoyed everything on our table, from delectable dishes to dessert. Simple, memorable and delightful experience. That's how I describe it.


MANGO BRAVO- PHP 215/slice (roughly 4.25 USD)

The store in Robinsons Place Manila is not really big compare to other Conti's stores like the one in Century City Mall Makati but you will still feel this "relaxing café" vibe. It's clean and the staffs are also nice. Prices? Honestly, they are not affordable but reasonable. It's like, if you never try, you'll never know. Mango Bravo cake is the best!



"I miss you friend, we need to catch up!"

"Yeah, sure! When?"

I believe that our good friends are God's gift and it is also important to seriously find ways to make time for our pals, not only make time for ourselves or for our families. So, message them now and plan a movie date or staycation. Don't think twice.

Hello there, Super Folks! Again, super thanks for reading my new short restaurant review. No worries, one more then we'll go to a brand new topic. Just hang in there and see you on my next blog post!

Before you close this tab, make sure to like, follow and subscribe on my.
Facebook page: SuperMarkyMacky etc.
Facebook group: SuperMarkyMacky & Folks
Instagram: SuperMarkyMacky
YouTube Channel: SuperMarkyMacky MOR
Twitter: SuperMarkyMacky
TikTok: SuperMarkyMacky






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...