Monday, October 14, 2019

Short Restaurant Review: Conti's Bakery & Cafe (Robinsons Place Manila)





"So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your jobs a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year but...

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)"

Sounds familiar? Perfect! You got it! This is actually part of F.R.I.E.N.D.S theme song "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts. On the other hand, indeed, there are still a lot of millennials who won't get what I'm talking about. Right, Super Folks? And that's totally fine. If you're a 90s baby, let me guess, you're a fan? How about this, do you have friends? Because if you have, for sure you will love this iconic American sitcom television series. Good thing, despite of its final episode having first aired on NBC more than 15 years ago, it's still watchable on streaming service Netflix.



Definitely, let me not forget to greet them, happy 25th anniversary F.R.I.E.N.D.S! Especially my man crush Joey Tribbiani. In real life, he is Matt LeBlanc, an American actor and comedian. Another question, how important are friends to you? For me, aside from God and parents, they are unquestionably important. Whether it's small or big circle, we need to share love and appreciate them because they are already part of our lives. They give colors to our stories and we learn from their advices.


BARBEQUED SPARE RIBS- PHP 285 (roughly 5.61 USD)
(Tender and juicy slab of marinated pork spare ribs coated in sweet barbeque sauce, pan grilled to perfection. Served with atchara and choice of java rice, garlic rice or steamed rice.)
*Description is based on the menu book.

That's why I always make a point to see them at least once or twice a year, bond with them again. Talk about our lives and anything under the sun. Moving forward, if you're looking for a place where you can celebrate Friendship Day, please try Conti's Bakery & Café at Robinsons Place Manila. Indeed, you and your friends will not only enjoy chit-chat and laughter but also the food.


AMERICAN GRILLED RIBS- PHP 395 (roughly 7.78 USD)
(Smoke-flavored spare ribs, served with buttered vegetables and choice of garlic rice or steamed rice.)
*Description is based on the menu book.

I can say that they are already a household name in the local food industry. I mean, in Metro Manila, when you ask someone about Conti's, the first thing that comes to mind would be Mango Bravo cake or bakeshop.


GRILLED PORKCHOPS- PHP 395 (roughly 7.78 USD)
(Two pieces herb-coated porkchop grilled to a gourmet's delight with caramelized apple siding. Served with garlic rice.)
*Description is based on the menu book.

But, you know what? It is also a restaurant. It was more than a year ago when me and my closest friends decided to have lunch date there. We really enjoyed everything on our table, from delectable dishes to dessert. Simple, memorable and delightful experience. That's how I describe it.


MANGO BRAVO- PHP 215/slice (roughly 4.25 USD)

The store in Robinsons Place Manila is not really big compare to other Conti's stores like the one in Century City Mall Makati but you will still feel this "relaxing café" vibe. It's clean and the staffs are also nice. Prices? Honestly, they are not affordable but reasonable. It's like, if you never try, you'll never know. Mango Bravo cake is the best!



"I miss you friend, we need to catch up!"

"Yeah, sure! When?"

I believe that our good friends are God's gift and it is also important to seriously find ways to make time for our pals, not only make time for ourselves or for our families. So, message them now and plan a movie date or staycation. Don't think twice.

Hello there, Super Folks! Again, super thanks for reading my new short restaurant review. No worries, one more then we'll go to a brand new topic. Just hang in there and see you on my next blog post!

Before you close this tab, make sure to like, follow and subscribe on my.
Facebook page: SuperMarkyMacky etc.
Facebook group: SuperMarkyMacky & Folks
Instagram: SuperMarkyMacky
YouTube Channel: SuperMarkyMacky MOR
Twitter: SuperMarkyMacky
TikTok: SuperMarkyMacky






No comments:

Post a Comment