Skip to main content

Perfectly Imperfect Me





Title: Perfectly Imperfect Me
Writer: Mark Andrew Proctan Adonis (SuperMarkyMacky)



I wasn't born rich, I wasn't born to be royalty, I wasn't born with superpowers, and I wasn't born to be the next Helen of Troy, "the face that launched a thousand ships". I honestly don't know why, for God's sake, why? I guess, I was stubborn in my past life, but all kidding aside. It's somewhat fine. As I assessed myself in the mirror, I could see a "jack of all trades", master of none, a "so-so" in all aspects. I can say, I'm at this stage where I'm still struggling to wholeheartedly accept myself, as I am, and it's somewhat fine. Self-acceptance, big word for many and a challenging work for me.

It's a long and winding road, with humps and bumps, especially nowadays, we are living in a generation where more often than not, the amount of likes on your Instagram account is so precious. Subscribers on your YouTube channel? The more, the merrier. Hearts on your tweets and TikTok videos? The more, the better.

We are living in a generation where everyone seems seeking validation from others, from strangers on Social Media platforms, from netizens, and it's undeniably contagious.

Everyone has their own timeline, as they say. And here I am, still acknowledging the process of embracing my flaws. I'm not yet fully ready to accept the "perfectly imperfect me" and it's somewhat fine. I'm not going to rush this. I'm not going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...