Skip to main content

Third Time Abroad: Hong Kong & Macau (East Asia, My First Adventure) PART 1! #HongKongDisneyland




Love being on top! Enjoying this bird’s-eye view of Central Hong Kong.



Disney, Disney, Disney! Mickey, Mickey, Mickey!

For the longest time, I dreamed of visiting Disneyland someday and seeing Mickey Mouse in person. And then, almost two years ago, that dream finally came true! For one magical day, Disneyland became my world, and I felt like I was living inside a dream.

Here at Terminal 3, waiting for my flight.

Oh my! My inner child came alive in ways I never imagined. It was a day filled with wonder, happiness, and pure magic. And now, almost two years later, I find myself asking the same question: When can I go back? Two years from now? Five years? I honestly don't know. But one thing is certain: I would love to return to the happiest place where dreams come true.

Hong Kong International Airport - Thank God!

Oh my, I just LOVE Disney! Like, everything about it! Disney has always been a special part of my childhood. I grew up watching its magical movies, enjoying Art Attack, searching for hidden Mickeys, and falling in love with stories like Toy Story and 101 Dalmatians. Honestly, Disney holds so many beautiful memories for me, and even now, it still brings out that little kid in me.

Speaking of Disney, I'm currently listening to one of my all-time favorite songs from Hercules — “Go the Distance.” There's just something about this song that touches my heart. Its message about chasing your dreams, finding your place in the world, and believing in yourself never gets old.


One of my favorite parts is when Hercules sings, “I'll be there someday, I can go the distance.” That line always reminds me that no matter how difficult the journey gets, we should keep believing in ourselves and never give up on the dreams we hold close to our hearts.

So, what do you say? Can you join me? Let's sing along, relive those beautiful childhood memories, and take a little trip down memory lane together!

Hong Kong Dollar

Oops! Before we continue with our day tour at Disneyland, let me take a moment to appreciate the fact that visiting Hong Kong itself was once a dream of mine—and by the grace of God, that dream finally came true.

Airport (Ground Transportation Centre) Bus Terminus

Although Hong Kong is just a neighboring destination to our country, the Philippines, it has always been a place I genuinely wanted to visit. Ever since I was in fifth grade, I had been hearing so many wonderful things about it—its unique culture, delicious food, and countless places to explore. I also remember watching local movies filmed in Hong Kong, and I would always find myself in awe of its towering skyscrapers, advanced technology, and that distinct first-world atmosphere.

7-Eleven Hong Kong - Food Trip!

Back then, it was a place I could only imagine visiting someday. And now, here I am, finally experiencing it with my own eyes. Sometimes, it's amazing to look back at the little dreams we carried as children and realize that, in His perfect time, God allows us to live them. What once existed only in my imagination has now become a beautiful memory I will always be grateful for.

Beautiful view outside our room.

To be honest, I would like to share that my journey to Hong Kong was far from smooth. I will never forget that frightening flight with Cebu Pacific, when our trip was nearly canceled due to an unexpected computer system issue. We had to reroute back to Manila and remain inside the aircraft for hours, not knowing what would happen next. It was a truly nerve-racking experience, but I believe that safety must always come first. Just like the message of “   ,” this journey reminded me that life will not always give us a smooth path.

Outside our accommodation. Nice location!

Sometimes, we must face fear, uncertainty, and unexpected delays before reaching our destination. What matters most is having the courage to keep going, the patience to endure the challenges, and the determination to continue moving forward despite the obstacles. After all, the journey may not be easy, but every challenge can make the moment we finally reach our destination even more meaningful.

It was November, and the weather was pleasantly cool, with a gentle breeze in the air.

I still remember the moment we arrived at Manila Airport. Our aircraft was parked on the tarmac, but we were stuck inside, waiting for the next announcement from Cebu Pacific. The cabin was packed, babies were crying, passengers were constantly walking back and forth to use the toilet, and the man sitting beside me kept venting his frustration. I remained calm on the outside, but deep inside, I was worried. My mind was racing with thoughts of everything that could go wrong. What would happen to the tours scheduled for the very next day? What about my expensive Disneyland day tour ticket and our planned trip to Macau? All the plans I had carefully arranged were suddenly hanging in the balance.

Crossing the streets of Hong Kong was a totally different experience—so much better than in Manila! I felt safer and more at ease as I walked around the city.

While sitting there, anxiously waiting for an update from Cebu Pacific, I even had to call Agoda to modify our accommodation booking. My friend was already in Hong Kong and had planned to wait for me at the airport, since I was supposed to arrive at 6 p.m. However, there was another problem: she might not be allowed to check in to our accommodation because her name had not been included in the original reservation, as guest. At that moment, I felt as though one unexpected delay was threatening to unravel everything I had carefully planned for our trip.

Hong Kong Disneyland, here I come! I’m almost there!

God is truly great! I kept praying that we would receive good news in the next few hours, and indeed, my prayers were answered. The aircraft’s computer system was finally fixed, and the pilot announced that we could fly back to Hong Kong!

My friend was able to check in without me, and we agreed that I would take a bus from the airport to our hotel once I arrived. Although we had prepared well for this trip, I was still nervous. It was my first time commuting in Hong Kong, and the language barrier worried me. I could only hope that I would find my way safely from the airport to our hotel.

Welcome to Hong Kong Disneyland, the happiest place on Earth!
Finally, a dream come true!

I know this is quite a lot of information, but that was my journey! Despite all the hassle, Cebu Pacific sent me a one-way ticket voucher that I could use for my next trip. Thank you, Cebu Pacific, for that!

Instead of arriving at 6 p.m., I finally landed in Hong Kong around 9 or 10 p.m. Thankfully, I had already exchanged my money for Hong Kong dollars at Manila Airport. Upon arrival, I headed straight to a convenience store to buy an Octopus card and a SIM card.

Hong Kong Airport was impressive, and despite my worries about the language barrier, everything seemed surprisingly easy to navigate, especially the transportation system. Wow! It was my first time riding a double-decker bus, and I was thrilled! Although there were several stops along the way, the journey was convenient and comfortable.


We stayed at Ramada Hong Kong Grand in Tsim Sha Tsui for three days. The price was reasonable for a standard room with a city view, and I must say, I loved looking out our window. The view was so relaxing, overlooking the Kowloon Park Mini-Soccer Pitch. The hotel's location was also convenient, with train stations nearby and plenty of places to explore for local food and souvenirs.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Museo San Agustin Intramuros: Tale Of The Oldest Stone Church In The Philippines

It's not fool to say that April month is on its way! Aren't you excited? One more week to go and we need to turn another calendar page. What are you looking forward to? Yey! The long wait is almost over and I can feel the summer here in the Philippines. Without a doubt, one of the things you have on your list this April is "grand vacation". For students, definitely a much longer hours of sleep since officially most are already on school break this time. For catholics, let's not forget that Holy Week falls on April this year. Are you ready for the Visita Iglesia(church visit)? Well, you're maybe still on the process of searching for your seven churches and if I'm correct you might wanna consider  San Agustin Church especially if your route is just within Manila City. Aside from Casa Manila, this is also a must-see place in the Walled City, Intramuros . It was last year when I visited this church for the holy week also and that was the only time I had a ch...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...