Thursday, November 12, 2015

Manila Bay: Long Walk+Sweat+Discover



I chose to be healthy. As we get older, as year goes by ,I'd want to make my life more productive.No question, each of us has really goals in life, we have lots of "to be this"or "to have that". For me, one thing I can assure, I want to take care of my body. In order for me to do the things I want to do and be the best on it.With healthy mind and body certainly lead to better us.We can achieve a lot, this is what you call "Holistic Approach"



"The start of a new chapter"



I started with a long walk. October 11, 2015
It was that day after my shift when I went to Mall of Asia, I really thought I could run but hundreds of people welcomed me, everywhere you look you would see them running and there were groups dancing(we call it "Zumba" too, thanks Brazil for this).I realized that we were not few in this goal. It was really inspiring to see a lot of Filipinos making a huge effort to get fit. I knew that it would be hard for me to run since it was crowded. So I ended up walking along the seaside.




"When sea is calm, you get to see great picture of it"


I discovered a bridge and crossed it.
I had a conversation with my friend Ise on facebook, I knew she would also run along CCP(Cultural Center of the Philippines) It was on the other side of the bay, I was not sure how far it was from Mall of Asia so I asked her if there would be a way for me to go there, she was not sure. A really long walk plus a strong gut feeling answered me. Yes,there was a bridge! Eureka! I just realized sometimes you need to try for you to learn.






"Cultural Center of the Philippines facade, one of best places to run in the Metro"


I finally got there!
Everything was worth it, by just walking it took me more than 30 minutes, I remembered I just followed a group of people running toward the bridge, without knowing it was the way to CCP. It's like I followed the correct light. I have realized that, in every decision we make, it's not only gut feeling. We need to be aware in our surroundings and analyze before you act.




"I just caught him through my cam running, Isn't this perfect shot?"


Another 30 Minutes of walk and run combo. I just rested for awhile, I sat on a stone beside the theater. I felt I was already exhausted still my friend Ise was not yet there.So I just enjoyed the view and drunk water once in awhile. I just let my sweats go out of my body and let the toxic join them.




"Constructions everywhere in the Metro continue"



"I want to discover the best of me"


My assessment.  Running or exercising religiously was really not a priority for me before. So thanks for this quote "The only constant in this world is change" I really let this happen,without second thought. I want to allow myself to learn after all running is not that risky only your fats.



"Breaking the norms! It really amazed me to see this unusual architecture"


We went back to Mall of Asia. So we stayed in CCP for more than an hour,I met my friend Ise and her mini pinscher Kenshin.We decided to go back to MoA to eat and have a coffee. I told her to be prepared for a long walk and expect for more sweats. Well, that was way way better for me, I didn't walk alone.



"I was boggled when I saw this building. I was wowed!"



"Running will surely continues"


Sweats were also hard earned. I believe in taking risk but it should always be calculated, it may not apply to everyone but this perception works for me. I just tried to run because I want be healthy, not because its trending.With this experience I have learned a lot while you are sweating freely you get to appreciate your surroundings and you get to build strong friendship too. What I have learned also here is we human, we do have different bridges or paths we can take in our lives so make sure to choose what's beneficial for us. Surely, everything falls into place after.

No comments:

Post a Comment