Skip to main content

Cash & Carry Mall, Makati City: Let's Unwrap The Secret of "Binalot"





"Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass and I'm home bound. Staring blankly ahead, just making my way, making a way through the crowd". It was like this song from Vanessa Carlton, like a thousand miles. It was last week when we had to run an errand, we quickly went out of the bus and chose to walk because of the traffic jam just to make sure that we would get to Cash & Carry Mall on time, an unexpected walkathon. We were amid of searching for a much lesser and affordable branded perfumes that time when we decided to crawl for food first. Hahah, just figuratively!
Our eyes roamed around the food court and a unique fast-food caught our attention because of its name 'Binalot'. There were other famous food vendors like Sbarro but due to limited time we sat here with no hesitation, we also felt that it would be lovely idea to have a filipino dishes for our lunch. 


This is really a must try! And thanks to my colleague and friend Salie for the treat! (Photo credit to Tham)


So what is 'Binalot'? In Tagalog or Filipino, it means "wrapped", a traditional local method of wrapping and serving dish in the Philippines using leaves, most common is banana leaves and the most popular when styro packed lunch boxes were not yet invented. 


Sisig- 99pesos


Tapa- 119pesos

Although it was a short time when we ate here. It was worth it to try something unique yet taste good foods and really close to the heart of many filipinos even outside the country. It's nice to see a quick service restaurant serving local and very filipino dishes like adobo, tapa, sisig, tocino, longganisa, salted egg, etc., a somewhat outside the box place to eat and different to the usual "one-piece chicken meal". Thumbs up for giving us ultimate filipino food experience. For more details, feel free to check www.binalot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...