Sunday, December 25, 2016

Circuit, Makati City: Check Out The 'Tallest Artificial Christmas Tree' In Town






Happy Christmas Everyone! How was your celebration? Did you get drunk? Were you satisfied with the gifts you received? For sure you got bloated. Am I right? Me too. Yule Ham is indeed irresistable. Even me, I find this month of December the most 'wonderful time of the year'. Why? Excluding the traffic jam everyday, you get to see christmas lights display everywhere, lights and sounds show, nonstop party, exchange gifts that will either make or ruin your day, caroling kids at night, 13th month pay or christmas bonus for hardworking employees like me, shopping rush, "Misa de Gallo/SimbangGabi", a nine-day series of masses(December 16-24, usually starts 4am), the cherry on top traditional family dinner we also call "Noche Buena" in the Philippines, family reunion, eat out with friends and let me not forget the new year countdown. What else can you ask for? Did I miss one? Well, pretty much these are all in my backyard. 
Honestly, I'm still in the middle of absorbing on what they call "spirit of christmas". I know everything is somewhat overwhelming. So, one of the ways for me to say that I'm not dreaming this holiday vibe is to go out during my free time. After Ayala Triangle Gardens, one of the perfect places to see in Makati City these days is Circuit. It's totally an advantage for me living near this place. But to tell you what. It was my first time when we went here last week. Come with me and discover Circuit!

First and foremost, going to Circuit was intentional. When I was in Ayala Triangle Gardens, after watching lights and sounds I was encouraged by the emcee to visit Circuit and get a chance to see the 'Giant Christmas Tree' in town. Wow! And there you go. It happened. It was evening, roughly 7pm when we went there. While everyone is in a rush going home, here I am with my family enjoying my free day. #Fambam. We rode tricycle and paid 50pesos(1 USDollar), one of the modes of transportation in the Philippines and aside from bike, this is very reliable when you want to go here easily. The way here is like passing through the eye needle. 


Inside Circuit Makati Mall


Did you know that Circuit was a horse racetrack before? It was the old Sta.Ana Park. My uncle used to work here for Philippine Racing Club(PRC) but it is now operating in Cavite City. I never thought that Ayala Land would turn this into what they say city's new "premier entertainment district". We walked from north to south and east to west. We saw every areas of Circuit. The place is not fully developed but for sure three or five years from now this will be the oasis of many millenials. I can say, although I had seen a lot of skaters and runners, truly the best place for them, there's no life yet. Few restaurants and merchants to shop. I enjoyed the most was our time in Timezone. It was just a small area outside Starbucks where we got to play arcade games. 10pesos per token.


I'm unlucky guy so I didn't play this. Perhaps, seeing pikachu there is enough.


Bang! Bang! Sadly, it's not working. We wasted 1 token.

These christmas lights displays are super cute! Really sweet to the eyes.


When my nephew thought it was a big lollipop.


The moment we've been waiting for. CHRISTMAS TREE! Literally big. 


One-of-a-kind 56-feet outdoor artificial christmas tree.


Inside the giant christmas tree.


Another great shot inside the giant christmas tree.


And yes you can enter inside. It can fit roughly 20-30 viewers.


He enjoyed this fake grass.


Outside the christmas tree.




Our 2 hours visit in Circuit was fair. Perhaps I expected to see more christmas lights displays but sadly it didn't win my heart so much like what I saw in Ayala Triangle Gardens. It would be better to see also lights and sounds show here. Hopefully next year. Although I really prefer this place for jogging I'm really looking for more. For sure this will be answered as year goes by. Again, merry christmas to all of you guys. Let me share what I just read yesterday. Whatever religion you have, still. Happy Christmas! 





No comments:

Post a Comment