Skip to main content

New Lasema Spa: My First Jjimjilbang Experience - Time To Relax!





"God, please make your world a better place for us." Few hours after Kobe Bryant's tragic loss, I posted this on my Facebook wall. I remember, it was January 27, 2020, Monday morning in the Philippines when I saw it on my News Feed. At first, I really thought it was fake, but no, it wasn't, it was a true horrible news. I don't watch NBA games religiously and yes, I like Klay Thompson, Stephen Curry, Kyle Kuzma and Jordan Clarkson but I still don't consider myself a die-hard basketball fan.



Another but, it doesn't mean I didn't get sad and deeply shocked. It's human nature and normal to feel bad about it. I agree with Mandy Moore, an American singer, songwriter and actress. Based on her Instagram post, "No words. Unfathomable and heartbreaking on every level. You don't have to know someone personally to recognize their contribution to the world and their long lasting legacy as an athlete and a human. Thank you, Kobe. Sending all the love and prayers to Vanessa Bryant, their children and the family/loved ones of those lost today."



Really no words, it's undescribable. Rest in Paradise Sir Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna and seven other passengers. My deepest sympathies go out also to their families, on this unexpected demise of their loved ones. May God give them peace that they seek.



Why God? Why oh why world? Why things are so uncertain nowadays? Well, I know this is difficult to figure out, so, I guess, I'm just gonna park my question for now and leave everything in our Creator's hands.



Let's just simply celebrate life every day. Like what Ellen DeGeneres said to her viewers, after news of Kobe's death. "Life is short, and it's fragile and we don't know how many birthdays we have. So just, you don't have to have a birthday to celebrate life. And if you haven't told someone you love them, do it now. Do it. Tell people you love them. Call your friends, text your friends, hug them, kiss them."



I was teary-eyed after watching that episode on her IG TV. Her monologue was heartbreaking, true and impactful.



Sorry Super Folks, if I feel this way. I wish I could go back to Lasema Spa. I'd like to relax, detoxify and remove my worries. Experience the "Jjimjilbang" again, eat spicy Korean noodles and my favorite "Tteokbokki", drink ginger juice with friends.



I really miss those. Oops! "Kimchi", I miss that too. It was more than a year ago when me and my two lovely girl friends went to this Korean bathhouse in Makati City, mainly to feel South Korea. To experience the Korean culture, without the need of visa and airline ticket.



Whether you're a Filipino or a foreigner staying in Metro Manila, you might wanna try this place because like me, you'll surely find tranquility. New Lasema Spa & Jjimjilbang is located at 8846 Sampaloc St., corner Estrella St., San Antonio Village, Makati City, 1203, Metro Manila.



In the Philippines, it's like, everybody loves South Korea, almost everything about it. Soju, K-pop, Samgyeopsal, Gangnam Style, Hangul, Bibimbap, what else? Korean dramas aka K-dramas like the trending on Twitter "Crash Landing On You". I guess that's what they call "The Korean Wave".



Not everyone can afford to visit this country, that's why people like us do the most practical way. We either go to Korean restaurant or spa like Lasema, and pretend we're in a K-drama setting.



It was Sunday afternoon when we arrived and paid PHP 980 each(roughly USD 19). That's good for 12 hours, we had access to Jjimjil, Wet Sauna and Gym. Prices vary, so much better to check their Facebook page first, for updates, but you can also review the menu at the reception. To make sure, just bring your credit card or extra cash.



Jjimjilbang is a sauna and spa concept from Korea, which is celebrities and K-Pop stars' favorite pastime, but honestly, I didn't know that fun fact when we were there. It was my first time and literally a fresh experience.



In addition, according to Wikipedia, it's a large, sex-segregated public bathhouse in South Korea, furnished with hot tubs, showers, Korean traditional kiln saunas and massage tables. Jimjil is derived from the words meaning "heating". In other areas of the building or on other floors there are unisex areas, usually with a snack bar, ondol-heated floor for lounging and sleeping, wide-screen TVs, exercise rooms, ice rooms, heated salt rooms, PC bang, noraebang, and sleeping quarters with bunk beds or sleeping mats. Many of the sleeping rooms have themes or elements to them.

The walls are decorated with woods, minerals, crystals, stones, and metals to make the ambient mood and smell more natural. The elements used have traditional Korean medicinal purposes in the rooms.

Most Jjimjilbangs are open 24 hours and are a popular weekend getaway for South Korean families. During the week, many hardworking South Korean men, whose families live out of the city for cost savings, stay in Jjimjilbangs overnight after working or drinking with co-workers late into the night.



Promise, you will sweat a lot but no doubt, it will be beneficial to your health. Just don't forget to bring extra clothes, it's a must! Discount? There are websites like MetroDeal where you can find new deals and buy Lasema vouchers. Based on their site, three different saunas await you.

Chungito: Balance your mind and energy and release all negative ions accumulated in your body.

Salt Charcoal: Reboot your metabolism with this sauna's carbon minerals such as iron, calcium and magnesium.

Oak and Clay: Accelerate your body's healing process especially if you have skin issues or asthma.

I'm so excited to go back and enjoy the Ice room! See you there. And this ends here. Thanks again for reading my blog. Coming up next? Travel, that's just a clue.

Please, don't forget to subscribe on my YouTube channel: SuperMarkyMacky MOR
and follow my Instagram: supermarkymacky




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Bauan, Batangas: The Immaculately Beautiful Sunset In Sampaguita Beach (Certified Boracay Alternative)

Describe, Boracay ? Beautiful and oh my, very beautiful! That's all I can say. Have you been to that paradise, in the Philippines ? Have you heard the news? It's been almost five years since I first visited this popular holiday destination in my country, merely to relax and enjoy life with my friends. I can say, it's truly a memorable vacation because it was also my first plane ride. Brrr! I still remember how cold the aircraft cabin was. It was freezing cold. Just like you, I'm also missing this true heaven on earth. I'm missing its powdery white sand, barefoot walking, Puka Beach , perfect turquoise water, dramatic sunset, super fun nightlife, yummy seafood, island hopping and my favorite ATV(all-terrain vehicle) ride. Oh goodness! How soon can I experience these again? Perhaps, tomorrow? Sure! Sadly, we can neither go tomorrow nor next week. "Breaking News: Time to say goodbye, Boracay will be closed for 6 months" . I wish it's a fake news but...