Skip to main content

Short Family Vacation In The Philippines Idea #1: Overnight Stay At Canyon Cove





Australia's deadly bushfires, flood-hit Indonesia, Turkey earthquake, Philippines' Taal Volcano eruption, locust invasion in eastern Africa, Kashmir avalanche and Coronavirus outbreak. What else? I don't know. I guess, the perfect question would be, how much more misery can we take? Or, when will this end? Without a doubt, this new year, 2020, is seriously ill. You know, it's like tsunami of bad news, from many natural disasters, tragedies, death, regional conflicts to a new virus outbreak. Everyone is overwhelmed.


 View of Taal Volcano and its Lake from Tagaytay Picnic Grove.

Everyone is having nightmares. Few more days left before a new month starts, a new quarter. I'm hopeful that April would not fool us, that it would be better and happier.


Right now, if you'd like to cry out loud, go. If you'd like to scream, go! But remember, never ever forget to wipe your tears and turn over a new leaf. It's a normal feeling, that's okay.


In times like these, there's crisis and uncertainty, it is important that we have a strong faith in God, we pray a lot and we read uplifting books that will soothe our souls in dark times.


Like the pocket book "Our Daily Bread", I've been reading this since Day 1 of this year and it's really helping me to have PMA, you know what I mean? The Positive Mental Attitude.


Remember this,
"Can anyone of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" - Matthew 6:27
And this,
"Do not be frightened" - 1 Peter 3:14


We got this, Super Folks! Moving on, question, what are you most looking forward in 2020? New house, car, wedding or partner? Me, like last year and two years ago, I'm looking forward to discovering new places in my country, the Philippines and cultures in Asia. In short, more travel adventures.


Lucky me, because it happened like right away. Super thanks to our aunt from the US who treated us when she and our cousins went back to the Philippines last year for a short vacation. Because of her, we successfully kicked off the new year with a splash again, at Canyon Cove beach.


Four months in the making, I had to organize almost everything, from buying vouchers, reserving our rooms on line, to filing vacation leave early. It wasn't easy, but it was worth the effort.


It was a short family vacation, we had our overnight stay at Canyon Cove Hotel and Spa, roughly one week after New Year's eve countdown. We used four vouchers which I bought the first two from a travel expo, worth PHP 3,500 each(roughly USD 70), good for four adults each. The other two were from MetroDeal app, worth PHP 2,999 each(roughly USD 59.98), quite cheaper, but the main difference was, these were good only for two adults and two children(below seven years old) each.


Our check-in time was 3 PM but because we super enjoyed the Tagaytay side trip, we arrived late. Our lunch at the Picnic Grove and the picturesque view of Taal Volcano and its Lake, the calmness before its eruption.


Monday afternoon, the reception of Canyon was busy as a bee. Unexpectedly, due to high volume and the hotel was almost fully booked, our four rooms were not on the same floor or area. That's okay though, we had no choice. Our rooms were all superior, they were all spacious and comfortable.


Important thing, if you're planning to go here, you have to prepare for the required security deposit upon check-in worth PHP 2,000 per room(roughly USD 40), for sure, other hotels have this kind of policy too. They accept either Cash or Credit Card and no worries, it will be refunded upon check-out.


Patungan Beach, we just discovered this beautiful place when we were on our way home, back to Manila.

Canyon Cove is located in Nasugbu, Batangas, aside from its well-maintained and stunning beachfront, your whole family will also love their nice swimming pool, night time fire dance by the beach and famous inflatable water park. If the weather permits, don't forget to witness the dramatic sunset too, it was the best part for me when we were there.

And this ends here, thank you so much again for reading my blog and see you on my next post. There, I'll be sharing my Leyte Trip with my relatives. 

Please also subscribe to my YouTube channel, SuperMarkyMacky MOR 
and Instagram, supermarkymacky





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...