Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The All-You-Can-Grill Korean BBQ Resto Samgyupsalamat Has New Branch! Oops! I Got Lost.





2589 Metropolitan Avenue Makati City(Behind Kingswood Condo) Thanks! I'll take note of it and make sure I won't get lost the next time I go here. Oops! If you don't know what I'm saying, it's actually the new branch of Samgyupsalamat. Familiar? For sure Korean food lovers and all-you-can-eat restaurants fanatics know what I'm saying, especially if they live in Manila or Makati City. If not? Sorry if you're living outside Metro Manila but I am confident you have great restaurants like the one I'm saying in your area. Going forward, yes there's no room for sadness and crying out loud because Metropolitan Branch is now operational. The new location had their soft opening last September 4, 2017 and yes, Jupiter Branch just said goodbye last August 30, 2017. Literally, you're no longer welcome there. Just kidding! Honestly, I don't know the reason why and in fact, I had a hard time to find the new branch. Just to share to you what happened. Okay, scroll down please.



Samgyupsalamat Makati(Metropolitan Branch) Come in! Perhaps, one thing that I really regret that morning when I went to the new location was not checking their facebook page first to see the updates. I initially rode a jeepney going to Jupiter Branch and I only got the news when my friend phoned me to tell that they were in Metropolitan Avenue. "Where is it? Can you give me a landmark? I'm already here! How to get there?", that's what I said to her. Sadly, even if I live near Makati City, I don't know that place. I was a bit pissed off because I also didn't know how to use Grab or Uber that time. Not to waste time, when I saw an old cab, I asked the driver right away to drive me to Metropolitan Avenue. "In Kingswood Sir!", I said it with pure calmness. It was fast, I went out of the cab after like seven minutes drive. The driver didn't know the resto so I ended up still, bewildered. What I had learned? When in doubt, check Google Map. "I know this place, I should have ridden a jeepney from our house", that's what I said to myself while walking. I felt I had wasted money to get there and still didn't resolve my problem. I was familiar with the place but not the name of the street or avenue, only after that moment. I had seen Korean restaurants near Shopwise and walked back and forth on the crosswalk but still I couldn't find it. I asked random people walking but none answered precisely. So, where the heck is it? It's amazing that I didn't give up because after roughly 30 minutes I saw the restaurant signage of Samgyupsalamat. Oh, praise God! I had realized that it's not really behind but on the right side, if you're standing outside Shopwise and facing that unpainted Kingswood condo. Once bitten, twice shy. End of the story.



Look at that beautiful table! None of us can surely resist this and everyone can feel better, especially if you just came from a hassle experience. On the happy side, I thought I went on time even though I was half an hour late because my friends already had grilled meat and all I did was eat. Perfecto!



Rice is heaven. In any Asian restaurants there's always rice and we love it, but make sure to eat fairly because you might end up going to the restroom after that seven bowls of rice. I guess that's an issue whenever we go to an all-you-can-eat resto like Samgyupsalamat, since it's unlimited we force to eat so much to the point that you can no longer breath. Well, the main reason why most of us do this because it's expensive and it's more than what you could pay in a fast-food. It's human nature to say, we just really want justice for what we paid. Tell you what, it's not a healthy habit. That was also my belief before but I realized later on that I'm paying more for the experience, the authenticity of the restaurant and the option to ask for more. Not to make myself super bloated. It's like my bragging rights. Again, don't eat too much if you can't.



What is Samgyupsalamat? Initially, I thought we would be eating at a Korean resto with a Filipino twist because of the word "salamat", means Thanks! But it's not, it's just one of many great Korean restaurants in the Metro. Thanks to Koreanovelas! On the other hand, the word "samgyeopsal" simply means pork belly. Whoever named the resto, you're so witty because it's catchy.



Kimchi! Sorry, I'm not a fan. Even before I said I'm not really into spicy food and that's really the reason why I don't like kimchi. That morning was really not for Korean side dishes and rice but for the "samgyupsal" or meat(pork and beef). Do you know Samgyupsalamat has nine kinds of meat you can grill and enjoy? Are you certain? Yes, I am! I can tell all of them but I can't describe.
1. Daepae
2. Buljib
3. Yangnyum Daepae
4. Yangnyum Moksal
5. Gochujang Daepae
6. Beef
7. Yangnyum Beef
8. Beef Boolgogi
9. Gochujang Beef
They were all beautiful pink and tasty.



No additional rice just more Korean lettuce wraps. I really enjoyed the wrapping part, you know the process, when there's already a grilled meat you get it and put it on top of your lettuce, then wrap it and dip it in the sauce, finally you will chew all of it like there's no tomorrow. That's what you call, heaven! 



Time to pay! Oh my friend, I guess you need to finish that because we might pay 200 Pesos(roughly 4 US Dollar) per table for the leftover. Well, not only in Samgyupsalamat but usually that's the rule of thumb when you eat in a buffet or all-you-can-eat resto. Great thing, we didn't experience that. We paid 449 Pesos(roughly 9 US Dollars) each. Pretty much a fine price for four hours of "Unlimited Korean BBQ", from 11AM to 3PM. Oops! It's only applicable from two people. Yes, bring your friends with you. The new location is not really big and it's better to go 30 minutes before 11AM because peak time is usually afternoon onwards. Make sure to use Waze or Google Map if you don't know the place. I had a hard time to use stainless steel chopsticks, I'd prefer the wood one but there's none and I hope you wouldn't struggle too. It was another fun and gastronomic experience. Sadly, we smelled smoke when we went out. There are things that I did not include on this article like the other branches. Feel free to check their facebook page for the addresses or if you wanna know more about Samgyupsalamat. (Photos courtesy of Daice Tamis)

Hey readers! I have a great news for all of you. Recently, I just created a facebook group, it's SuperMarkyMacky & Folks. It's for everyone! Travelers, Bloggers, Foodies or whatever you call yourself, you can be part of it. Kindly search and click join. Make sure also to add my facebook page too Supermarkymacky etc. and instagram supermarkymacky. Sending so much love to you! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment