Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Where I'm At? Travel Sale Fair 2017 (Year 3)




When in doubt, Travel! Do you believe in this saying? Well, if you're still in doubt now, perhaps you really need to travel. Start to pack your clothes, book a flight and leave your worries behind, I mean figuratively behind your door. This saying really caught my attention, I just read it outside the World Trade Center Metro Manila in Pasay City last October 14, 2017, during the 3rd Travel Sale Fair(October 13-15, 2017). Did you go? If you didn't read my previous article(you must read it), just to share again, this was the day I had to wait for three hours because of the traffic jam and unlikeable rain. It was actually my friend since college who experienced those hustles and sadly, I was also like an indirect victim of it. You know, if you're smoking, there's a secondhand smoke. It's like that. That was record-breaking! Don't worry, let bygones be bygones, she already said sorry and I thanked her too for the amazing dinner treat. I had no choice at all since we didn't get a chance to have a reunion or bond together after graduation. I thought that would be a great day to see each other again. It just that it really didn't go as planned.
"As we go on, we remember. All the times we had together.
And as our lives change, come whatever.
We will still be friends forever."
That graduation song from Vitamin C? It just popped into my head when I saw her. I felt I had a short reminiscence and then suddenly I said to her "Cha! What the hell did you just do to me?". Nutsy moment after.
Moving forward, it was my first time to go to a Travel Sale Fair, merely not my thing but since my friend Charmagne just recently opened a Travel Agency with her sister, I helped her to find suppliers of different travel and tour packages. Honestly, I got inspired when she brought up that because at least she could use again her knowledge about tourism management, our degree in college unlike me who chose to work in a different field. That's okay! Cha-Ching! There's still money there.



Hi, from Kidzania Manila! Great thing there was a short program I had truly enjoyed when I was waiting for Cha. Didn't get bored that much. I've been hearing a lot of requests from my 7 years old nephew to go to Kidzania Manila since last year but sad to say I always don't have so much time. Hopefully, we could visit next year. This educational theme park opened last 2015. It's nice to know that from Mexico, then Japan, finally the Philippines already has a mini city run by kids. I can't wait to see my nephew dressed like an architect or engineer. Surely, it can be a best place to recommend for kids. Halloween and holiday season are about to come! To book tickets and check promos, you know the drill. Click this http://manila.kidzania.com/en-ph/



Entrance fee was only 100 Pesos per visitor. From XTD Dimsum Express where we had our dinner, we went back inside World Trade Center to buy tickets. It was around 5pm when we went straight to the ticket booth and since my friend paid our dinner(roughly 600 Pesos) as a gesture of goodwill I just initiated to pay our entrance worth roughly 1 US Dollar each. You're welcome!



Time to buy tickets! No, it's just a joke! I didn't book a flight. I said at the beginning that it would never happen because I could always check promos from the website of my preferred airlines. You know, the Piso Fare. I told my friend that I would go with her to plainly create article for my blog. Well, something happened unexpectedly. You will know later. Let's move on!



The well-known Trafalgar. That bloody beautiful red booth reminded me so much of my college days. When I was a tourism student I had a lot of their brochures, not really? Because they were so thick, you could consider them like books. They sell a lot of tour packages but I knew them for their Europe Tours. Honestly, I kept those brochures before because those were attractive. I fell in love with the pictures of castles, mountains and new cultures. I thought I could go to Europe someday, hopefully, but sadly I no longer have those brochures now. Might wanna check their packages? Click this link https://www.trafalgar.com/gsa



The SMB! If you wanna put up a travel agency business, perhaps you can put SMB or Sarap Mag Byahe Travel and Tours on your list. Cha had her training and paid 19,999 Pesos(roughly 400 US Dollars). http://smbtravel.com.ph



My Philippine Airlines! Well, there's no way for them not to be the Philippines' flag carrier. They've been in the industry for like 76 years. The first and oldest commercial airline in Asia. Too earn skymiles, you can even sign up for free and be part of the Mabuhay Miles program. I will do that later on this link https://www.mabuhaymiles.com/Enrollment 



Air Asia, Truly Asia! This airline is really popular in the Philippines because of the Red Hot Piso Fare. Did you experience it before, when you had to wake up before 12 midnight? Because usually that's the time the seats go on sale. You need to book it right away because it goes back to the standard rate in the blink of an eye. Home-based or independent agents always do this, that's the secret. Sometimes, it's best to subscribe on the airlines' newsletter for you to firstly know the upcoming seat sale again. All airlines do newsletter, so to avoid too much junk mails you need to choose only one or two airlines you'd like to subscribe to. Definitely, you can unsubscribe anytime. You may also check their facebook page or website https://www.airasia.com/en/home.page



#FLYTPACK Honestly, I just knew this company when we went to World Trade Center. I thought they were also travel agency. But no, if you will go out of the country and need to stay online. You probably need to check their website https://flytpack.com/wifi Why? Because you can rent a pocket wi-fi and get connected anywhere instead of paying roaming charges. Amazing!



Do you wanna see and experience the Philippines before, during the Spanish era? It's time to go to Las Casas Filipinas De Acuzar. It may be expensive for a breadwinner like me to go here but for sure this is worth it. Sadly, I didn't buy their promo when we went to the Travel Fair. However, I will definitely prepare for 2018 to see the collection of restored Spanish-Filipino houses! https://www.lascasasfilipinas.com



Remember I said I wouldn't buy and just merely blog about the travel fair. I didn't happen really. Why? Because I thought I bought a cheap and affordable staycation at Canyon Woods Tagaytay. Cha told me that time that they also sell promos on Metrodeal but what we bought was way better because for only 2500 Pesos(roughly 50 US Dollars) you can enjoy the place with your friends. What else? It's overnight, room is good for four adults and ticket is valid for 1 year. Plus, 500 Pesos of that is the discount for the breakfast. Okay, it's a deal! That's what I said after. I felt it ruined my frugal life again but that's fine. Complete judgement will surely be on the day of our staycation, if it's really worth it. Wait this on my next article. http://canyonwoods.com

Here are the other participants we saw on the 2nd day of Travel Sale Fair 2017.








Tourism Promotions Board Philippines http://tpb.gov.ph



El Nido Bayview Resorts http://www.elnidobayviewresorts.com




That night was exhausting that's why we stayed in Starbucks MOA for an hour after. While we were having our coffee, I had a realization that it's really not easy to be an independent travel agent. You need to bargain and find the cheapest flights to sell. Well, truly there's always no easy jobs on this planet unless illegal. But if you like what you're doing, you won't feel so much muscle pain. Right? We didn't see so much participants that night but good thing Cha was able to find possible supplier for the land arrangement. Hopefully, her new business will be successful. It's nice also that we had seen each other again and bought something useful this coming holiday, the staycation at canyon woods. Check my new article about this roughly on December. 
Now, I'm done! Well, I hope you learned something today and I made sure every booth we saw during the travel fair has its link of their website, so you have the option to review it further or book right away. Plus, helpful captions. Not to push you but to really push you to like and follow my facebook page Supermarkymacky etc. and instagram supermarkymacky. Main reason why? Because next year I'll be launching my vlog and I want you to be always updated. Super thank you! Bye for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment