Thursday, October 19, 2017

Spice Up Your Brunch At Mr. Kimbob Bibimbob!



What's your favorite cuisine? Mexican, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese or Filipino? For me? All of it! Honestly, it's really hard to choose. I even like Turkish and American dishes. Without a second thought, I can say everbody really loves to eat and try new food. It is indeed a basic necessity!
In the Philippines, it is not foreign to see saucy food or "pagkaing masarsa" as we call it, on the table everyday, like Adobo, Menudo, Caldereta and Kare-Kare.  It's always a fiesta! Let me not forget delish Filipino desserts like Leche Flan and dishes with coconut milk like Laing. Oh My! I'm making myself hungry now.
Perhaps, I need to thank the Spaniards who went to our country roughly 500 years ago for the spice trade. They helped us to have a diverse palate and be a foodies. Want some proof? Check my instagram supermarkymacky and you can see a lot of food photos. Did you see it? That's definitely a great example of Filipino foodie.



Who loves Korean cuisine? Who loves spicy? Well, I'm not saying that I don't like it or I'm not a fan of it but let me just put it this way. I'm always open to try Korean food merely because of the veggies. However, one thing that will push me not to eat it is, if it's spicy. Generally, I hate eating spicy or super spicy dishes because I'm acidic. I get scratchy throat and cough easily because of the acid reflux.



Good thing I didn't cough so hard because of my acid reflux when we had our brunch at Mr. Kimbob Bibimbob last month. Thanks to my bottled water! I was with mommy Laura that morning, my seasoned colleague. Sadly, that day was her last day in our team so we decided to eat out. I'm really gonna miss her. It was roughly 9 am, after our graveyard shift when we went to SM Makati, a 5-7 minutes MRT(Metro Rail Transit) ride from our office. I really thought at first that we would eat ramen but since we were on a budget we just waited until 10 am for the mall to open. Finally! After a long wait the doors opened. We went right away to the food court. There were a lot of great food stalls to choose at the Lower Ground of SM Supermarket, Makati City. Like Fuel Burgers, Hokkaido Takoyaki and Bibimbob. There were like roughly 10 choices from different meals to yummy desserts. Since we got fascinated with more people eating at Mr. Kimbob Bibimbob than other food vendors that day, we chose to eat there. We just followed the crowd and it was shockingly worth it. Do you know what we ate? Scroll down please! 


Bibimbob Pork- 109 Pesos(roughly 2 USD)

This is "bibimbap", a famous Korean dish, which literally means "mixed rice". Tell you what, if we didn't eat at Mr. Kimbob Bibimbob I wouldn't get a chance to try this dish. They are known for healthy Korean food and this surely a must try. If you don't want it to be super spicy make sure not to squeeze too much your gochujang paste tube. Half of it would be okay but it's still depends on your taste buds. You can create your own taste. Isn't it great? It was also my second Korean fast-food experience after BonChon Chicken. The dish was a bit pricey for me, though. 


Fried Korean Dumplings- 50 Pesos(roughly 1 USD)

I should have told not to fry it because if I'm not mistaken I was asked if I wanted it steamed or fried. I'm really in love with dumplings, any kind I guess? So, there's really no issue. But, maybe next time I'd try the steamed with soy sauce and calamansi(it's like lime) on the side. The price was okay but it's nice to see 5 pieces instead of 3 on my plate next time. Thank you!


KSavers Japchae- 55 Pesos(roughly 1.10 USD)

Well, unfortunately I can't give review on this since it was ordered by mommy Laura and I didn't try it. Don't worry we can still go back there and definitely you too with your friends or loved ones. Let's try other meal!

Mr. Kimbob has facebook page to see their branches and for other details you would like to know. Make sure to like and follow it but again don't forget my facebook page Supermarkymacky etc. and instagram supermarkymacky. Enjoy your brunch and see you on my next article! 



No comments:

Post a Comment