Saturday, January 7, 2017

Craving For C? Check Out Recipes Of Caldereta And Carbonara




What would you do if no one is home? Pretty much they left you alone. Sad, right? Yeah I felt devastated too. I've been struggling being too much independent for the past few days. What's hard about it is you tend to deprive your usual 8 hours of sleep. It's like you're working all day long. But what's great on the other side is I spent so much time in the kitchen. Somewhat I was able to master my cooking skills. Imagine you're cooking while singing all by myself of celine dion. Sad, right? But since I'm introvert that helped me to be more focused on what I'm doing. For sure, what I made were 100% delicious. So, I already posted my recipes last christmas and for new year'eve celebration. But I wanna add two more recipes. I can say these are two of my comfort foods. Let's start the taste test! 




Caldereta
1 Kilo Pork Meat
Oyster Sauce
Calamansi Juice or Lime
Cheddar Cheese
Salt
Garlic
Onion
Potatoes
Bell Pepper
Olive Oil
Tomato Paste
Ground Pepper
200g Tomato Sauce

Make sure to wash your pork meat. In a medium bowl marinate the pork in 1tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp ground pepper and 2 tbsp calamansi juice. Set it aside and leave for about 5-10 minutes. Heat the pan. Saute 2 tbsp minced garlic and 3 tbsp chopped onion in 5 tbsp olive oil. Add the marinated pork and stir fry until brown. Add 2 potatoes and bell pepper cut into chunks. Pour 3 cups of water and 1/2 tbsp of salt. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender. Add in 2 tbsp tomato paste and 200g tomato sauce. Cook for 5 minutes while continuously stirring to avoid lumps. Add in grated 150g cheddar cheese and simmer again for another 5 minutes. Serve hot. Good for 7-10 person




Carbonara
6 Liters of Water
1Kg Linguine
500g Ham
1 tbsp Salt
Garlic
Onion
Chopped Mushroom
20oz Cream of Mushroom
Olive Oil
Butter
Ground Pepper
Thyme
Rosemary
Black Olives
2 250ml of All-Purpose Cream
2 370ml Evaporated Milk

Cook linguine in a large pan of boiling salted water following the packet instructions for about 10-12 minutes or until it's "al dente". Meanwhile, heat 5tbsp olive oil and 3 tbsp butter in a fry pan over medium heat. Saute 3 tbsp minced garlic and 3 tbsp chopped onion. Add 500g of Ham cut into chunks, 30oz of chopped mushroom and 1 cup of chopped black olives. Cook it for about 10-15 minutes while continuously stirring to avoid lumps. Pour 20oz cream of mushroom, 500ml all-purpose cream and 2 cans 370ml evaporated milk. Season with 1/2tbsp ground pepper, 1 tbsp of thyme and tbsp rosemary. Cook it for another 5-10 minutes. Add the cooked linguine and stir it continuously. Cook it for another 10 minutes. Serve hot with extra parmesan cheese. Good for 7-10 person. 


No comments:

Post a Comment