Skip to main content

Craving For C? Check Out Recipes Of Caldereta And Carbonara





What would you do if no one is home? Pretty much they left you alone. Sad, right? Yeah I felt devastated too. I've been struggling being too much independent for the past few days. What's hard about it is you tend to deprive your usual 8 hours of sleep. It's like you're working all day long. But what's great on the other side is I spent so much time in the kitchen. Somewhat I was able to master my cooking skills. Imagine you're cooking while singing all by myself of celine dion. Sad, right? But since I'm introvert that helped me to be more focused on what I'm doing. For sure, what I made were 100% delicious. So, I already posted my recipes last christmas and for new year'eve celebration. But I wanna add two more recipes. I can say these are two of my comfort foods. Let's start the taste test! 

Caldereta


1 Kilo Pork Meat
Oyster Sauce
Calamansi Juice or Lime
Cheddar Cheese
Salt
Garlic
Onion
Potatoes
Bell Pepper
Olive Oil
Tomato Paste
Ground Pepper
200g Tomato Sauce

Make sure to wash your pork meat. In a medium bowl marinate the pork in 1tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp ground pepper and 2 tbsp calamansi juice. Set it aside and leave for about 5-10 minutes. Heat the pan. Saute 2 tbsp minced garlic and 3 tbsp chopped onion in 5 tbsp olive oil. Add the marinated pork and stir fry until brown. Add 2 potatoes and bell pepper cut into chunks. Pour 3 cups of water and 1/2 tbsp of salt. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender. Add in 2 tbsp tomato paste and 200g tomato sauce. Cook for 5 minutes while continuously stirring to avoid lumps. Add in grated 150g cheddar cheese and simmer again for another 5 minutes. Serve hot. Good for 7-10 person

Carbonara


6 Liters of Water
1Kg Linguine
500g Ham
1 tbsp Salt
Garlic
Onion
Chopped Mushroom
20oz Cream of Mushroom
Olive Oil
Butter
Ground Pepper
Thyme
Rosemary
Black Olives
2 250ml of All-Purpose Cream
2 370ml Evaporated Milk

Cook linguine in a large pan of boiling salted water following the packet instructions for about 10-12 minutes or until it's "al dente". Meanwhile, heat 5tbsp olive oil and 3 tbsp butter in a fry pan over medium heat. Saute 3 tbsp minced garlic and 3 tbsp chopped onion. Add 500g of Ham cut into chunks, 30oz of chopped mushroom and 1 cup of chopped black olives. Cook it for about 10-15 minutes while continuously stirring to avoid lumps. Pour 20oz cream of mushroom, 500ml all-purpose cream and 2 cans 370ml evaporated milk. Season with 1/2tbsp ground pepper, 1 tbsp of thyme and tbsp rosemary. Cook it for another 5-10 minutes. Add the cooked linguine and stir it continuously. Cook it for another 10 minutes. Serve hot with extra parmesan cheese. Good for 7-10 person. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...