Tuesday, January 10, 2017

San Juan, Batangas: Kick Off 2017 With A Splash At Laiya Beach





"Should old acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind? Should old acquaintance be forgot and old lang syne?" 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Happy New Year! Still can't get over with the new year's anthem? How about the crazy little things you did last new year's eve countdown? Oh my! So sad I missed one of the most emotional moments of the year. But that's okay even if I have a bit of bitterness and even though I missed my favorite time of the year I'll again turn over a new leaf. Man! Can the world just stop the people from working during new year's eve? I wanna join the countdown and see the fireworks display. It's really special for me. Well, anyhow it is over. The new year's ball drop in Time Square and dazzling fireworks display all over the world, from Burj Khalifa-Dubai, Sydney Harbour-Australia, Victoria Harbour-Hong Kong to Manila Bay-The Philippines are now just part of the history. For those who missed these? Don't worry let's prepare to be free and no work next new year's eve countdown. So now let's welcome this new year with full of not only good but great and positive vibes. Hell Yeah! It's 2017 now! So what's your plan my friend? Pretty much you have already listed several new year's resolutions. Let me give three usual examples. Go to the gym and get sexy body for the summer, save a lot of money and definitely travel with friends or family. I'm really not a fan of this kinda "tradition" because I think it just stays as "plan". I have my own way but yes it will stay as secret for now because it's "effective".
Well, since I already mentioned that one of the usual new year's resolutions is to travel. Luckily, this kicked off my 2017 and guess what it's with a splash. It was not listed nor well-planned. It wouldn't be possible without our relatives from California who spent their new year's eve celebration in the Philippines. Thanks aunt Irene and my cousin JayJay. It was really a long process and I think I spent more travel literally than the time I stayed in the beach. That journey though. Imagine this, we are living in Manila and I needed to go out of town to see my relatives and family who spent new year's eve with them and unintentionally left me alone that time because I was working. Oh! Am I turning into bitter melon again? Hahah. No, I'm just kidding I love them. I had no choice but to adjust. It took me like more than 2 hours drive to reach Montalban, Rizal.


Good Morning! Look at this priceless view of Montalban, Rizal. Are you familiar with the mountains on this image? If you're a local here definitely yes. When I arrived I was really attracted but the next day I found out that these are the famous Mt. Pamitinan and Mt. Binacayan. Not yet familiar? How about Bernardo Carpio? He is a legendary figure in Philippine Mythology. One version of the legend is that he is keeping these two mountains from crashing into each other. Wow! We have somewhat a Filipino Atlas. But wait I don't wanna feed you too much information because it was not our main journey that time. Even before I'm totally in love with the sun and the beach. It's like I can live forever in the summer vibe. I love the heat I guess because I'm living in a "tropical rainforest climate" country. Plus, I love mother nature. So we went to Laiya. Where is it? One of the beaches in San Juan, Batangas. One of the best getaways for someone living near Manila but I think it's a bit challenging if you're in Montalban, Rizal. Why? Next image please.


Cute Hello Kitty Jeepney! Oh wait we are not in Sanrio Puroland Japan! This is one of coolest jeepney designs I've seen in my entire life. If you don't have a car or travelling with large family. Jeepney for rent in the Philippines is a must. Let's count on the king of the roads. We rented this head turner 20 passenger capacity jeepney for P6,000 plus P1,500 for gas. It's roughly 150 U.S. Dollars for full day tour(Montalban-Batangas-Montalban).


Hello Sunrise! It was 4:22 in the morning when we went out of the house in Montalban. I was a bit sleepy but ready to go. I can say it was a smooth journey going to batangas. It was a best road trip. I enjoyed the cold air but there were also instances that we needed to cover our nose because of the smell from we didn't know if it was a carabao's waste or from a poultry. Remember we were riding an "open-window" jeepney. But that's okay air is way way better in the province than Manila.


It was 8:35 in the morning when we arrived Moonlight Beach Resort. We were checking online what resort that doesn't have entrance fee and great thing we found this. Located at Sitio Balakbakan, Brgy. Laiya Aplaya. One of the beaches in San Juan, Batangas. I guess the only thing that disappointed me was the fee. Fee here, fee there and fee everywhere. There were a lot of toll fees as we drive toward batangas(P214, P20, P53). Unexpected ecological fee P20 per head(16 years and below are free). Another P150 passway fee.


"Kubo". This was a kind of cottage we rented for that whole day unexpectedly. We walked-in and we were planning to rent a small tent but since there were only few people the owner just gave 3 "Kubo" good for 36 person. And guess what we paid? Instead of P6,000 its only P3,500. Thanks for the new year gift! For more details you can check their website www.laiyamoonlightbeachresort.com


I love the sunny weather but I can't stand the heat.


       I love the feeling of like you own the beach because there were only few people.


Shadow and footprints in the sand.


Local dog.


This is what you call "life".


Time to swim.

Under the Nipa Hut.


Pebbles under water.


Boat ride with me?


Enjoy the water my nephew.


I wanna bring this boat in Manila.


Sunbathing or am I just tired?

It was 3 in the afternoon when we left laiya. It was short yet I'm satisfied with our family reunion. I've been hearing about laiya even before and yes I can say it's a beautiful beach and a best place to relax. The water is not that salty, there were people maintaining the beach clean but please do it religiously because I still saw plastic cups. I just hope that when I get back here I can still find that peace and definitely stay longer. There are still a lot of things I can discover here for sure. I want boat ride next time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment