Sunday, January 22, 2017

Treat Or Cheat Day: Macaroni Salad And Mushroom Soup




Two more days and it's gonna be my off! Yey! So what are my plans? For sure I'm gonna sleep a lot and go somewhere. How about you? What do you do on your rest day? I can say that nowadays I'm enjoying it unlike before that I used to dedicate like all my life to work. Perhaps because I'm getting addicted to one of my hobbies and that is cooking. What else? I can eat anytime and definitely I can do anything or everything under the sun. And as a way to thank all of my readers on my blog. I wanna share two of my recipes you can also try on your rest day. Let's call it a treat or cheat day! 

Macaroni Salad
Macaroni
Mayo
Raisins
Salt
Ground Pepper
Parmesan Cheese
Corn Kernels(drained)
Fruit Cocktail(drained)
Tuna Flakes(drained)
Water

Bring 3 liters of water to a rolling boil. Put 1 tbsp of salt. Add 400 grams of Macaroni Pasta. Simmer for 9-10 minutes in high heat. Stirring occasionally to avoid pasta from sticking together. Let it cool once it's "Al Dente". In a medium bowl combine cooked macaroni, 220 ml mayo, 100g raisins, 5 tbsp parmesan cheese, 125g corn kernels, 822g fruit cocktail, 420g tuna flakes, 1/2 tbsp salt and 1/2 tbsp ground pepper. Mix it altogether. Transfer it in a clean container and refrigerate overnight. Serve it cool. Good for 7-10 persons.



Mushroom Soup
Olive Oil
Garlic
Onion
Mushroom
Evaporated Milk
Oregano Leaves
Thyme Leaves
Cream Of Mushroom
Salt 
Ground Pepper

Heat a pan in a medium heat. Add 3 tbsp olive oil. Saute 1tbsp minced garlic and 1 tbsp minced onion. Slowly add 15oz drained mushrooms(pieces and stems). Pour 370 ml evaporated milk, 10 oz cream of mushroom. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes and stir occasionally. Add 1tsp of thyme, 3 dried oregano leaves, pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer it in a medium bowl. Serve it hot. Good for 3-5 persons.


No comments:

Post a Comment