Skip to main content

Treat Or Cheat Day: Macaroni Salad And Mushroom Soup





Two more days and it's gonna be my off! Yey! So what are my plans? For sure I'm gonna sleep a lot and go somewhere. How about you? What do you do on your rest day? I can say that nowadays I'm enjoying it unlike before that I used to dedicate like all my life to work. Perhaps because I'm getting addicted to one of my hobbies and that is cooking. What else? I can eat anytime and definitely I can do anything or everything under the sun. And as a way to thank all of my readers on my blog. I wanna share two of my recipes you can also try on your rest day. Let's call it a treat or cheat day! 

Macaroni Salad


Macaroni
Mayo
Raisins
Salt
Ground Pepper
Parmesan Cheese
Corn Kernels(drained)
Fruit Cocktail(drained)
Tuna Flakes(drained)
Water

Bring 3 liters of water to a rolling boil. Put 1 tbsp of salt. Add 400 grams of Macaroni Pasta. Simmer for 9-10 minutes in high heat. Stirring occasionally to avoid pasta from sticking together. Let it cool once it's "Al Dente". In a medium bowl combine cooked macaroni, 220 ml mayo, 100g raisins, 5 tbsp parmesan cheese, 125g corn kernels, 822g fruit cocktail, 420g tuna flakes, 1/2 tbsp salt and 1/2 tbsp ground pepper. Mix it altogether. Transfer it in a clean container and refrigerate overnight. Serve it cool. Good for 7-10 persons.

Mushroom Soup


Olive Oil
Garlic
Onion
Mushroom
Evaporated Milk
Oregano Leaves
Thyme Leaves
Cream Of Mushroom
Salt 
Ground Pepper

Heat a pan in a medium heat. Add 3 tbsp olive oil. Saute 1tbsp minced garlic and 1 tbsp minced onion. Slowly add 15oz drained mushrooms(pieces and stems). Pour 370 ml evaporated milk, 10 oz cream of mushroom. Simmer for about 8-10 minutes and stir occasionally. Add 1tsp of thyme, 3 dried oregano leaves, pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer it in a medium bowl. Serve it hot. Good for 3-5 persons.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wander the Philippine Provinces 2026: Bukidnon (from Cagayan de Oro again)

Perfect laptop wallpaper! Communal Ranch Have you heard of Pikotaro ’s iconic “ PPAP ( Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen )” song? I’m not entirely sure, but I think it went viral almost a decade ago—and honestly, it’s not hard to see why. It’s catchy, ridiculously simple, comedic, and somehow artistic all at once. And while I was thinking about how to start this blog post, the song suddenly popped into my head. Maybe because pineapple happens to be my favorite fruit… or maybe because, more than two years ago, we found ourselves heading to the Pineapple Capital of the Philippines — Bukidnon ! It was truly a dream come true when we finally visited Bukidnon and stepped into a pineapple plantation. It felt like heaven—rows and rows of beautiful pineapples as far as the eye could see! And the best part? They were so affordable, incredibly sweet, and absolutely delicious. I couldn’t help but think, “Okay, let’s get ten of those for today!” Hola, Cagayan de Oro...

Whistlestop, Bel-air, Makati City: Next Stop! Foods That Will Make You Whistle.

Welcome to Whistlestop! How do you deal with stress? Do you dwell? Do you go to the gym and get fitter or drift yourself into something you usually do like shopping? Well, without a doubt aside from those, we in fact eat more to forget even just a few hours and lighten up our heavy feelings, right? I know your tummy can't resist great foods. Working in a new company with new people, characters and environment, we expect to gain new friends and guess what? Also, new place where there are great restaurants nearby. For almost three months that I've been working in this company, I haven't got a chance to eat at these food houses yet, but only this last week when that chance made possible.  We often hear team building especially when we are new in the company and your colleagues are new too, as they say this is the best chance to get to know each other more, our team leader usually spearheads, it maybe overnight swimming, or #letsgetdrunk. But sometimes, just a plain ea...

New Bombay: Authentic Indian Cuisine

Hello world! How are we doing so far? Are you enjoying your coffee while reading this blog? I hope so. I don't know why I'm so tired today and I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed. Yeah, blame Bruno Mars! Just kidding! Yeah, it is a lazy day today. Sadly, as much as I want to sleep, I still need to finish this new article. Perhaps brewed coffee is the best answer to boost my mood. Oh my! Believe it or not, a new month is approaching. Happy February in advance! Time flies, I feel like this year for me is about food adventures. It's just my prediction but you know it's really not a secret that Filipinos love to eat and try new things. Nowadays, more people are becoming adventure seekers toward the dishes they eat and more people are starting to appreciate different cuisines than before. Perfect example are my colleagues. Don't include me, I'm hiding.  We are new in our company and we thought that the best way to bond is to ...